Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Patchwork

I just finished an afghan for my mama-in-law for Mother's Day.  I was a week late (I mailed it yesterday), so I definitely lose daughter-in-law points.  I had a ton of yarn leftover from other projects and decided to use that.  This was the result:





It's a little crazy, but I like how it turned out.  But then, I like lots of color and craziness.  The hubby's main comment while I was working on it was, "but why does it have to be so MANY colors?"  I don't know what the man has against color.  Oh well, hopefully his mama likes color and she won't have the same reaction.  I've already done patchwork post, but it was almost a year ago, so I figure I can do another one.


I wonder if I could make my own patchwork shoes?  Hmmm...something to ponder.


This is cute and very sweet.


Yep.  Seems like a DIY project I should look into (not that I'm great at DIY, but maybe my mama has some thoughts).




Of course I like the blue a little better, but I think both of these are really fun.  In 10 years I can wear the 2nd pair and hang out with the Red Hat ladies.


I would like these better without the peep toe.  A misplaced peep toe can ruin everything.


Holy buckets.  What the heck?  These are kind of quaint in their craziness, but the crazy is taken up a million times by putting them with the other  pattern.

Not much of interest to report from here.  The hubby hasn't been feeling well the last few days and has been rather cranky.  I try to cut him some slack, but apparently I've been too grumpy for much slack.  Flower and Laughter might tell me that I've been hanging out in the cranky pants woods (they even have a song...it's pretty awesome).  The grumpy husband is already asleep and I shall soon be taking my cranky pants there shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Not quite sure how you would make patchwork shoes. Sounds fun. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking existing canvas shoes...But then would you glue on the patches or sew them?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...