Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Just Another Awesome Kiddo

I am blessed in my life to know some truly amazing kids (a term that can apply to any number of people, aged 0-30).  My nieces and nephew, of course, are amazing, awesome, astounding, and another a word that won't come to me at the moment.  Tonight's post, though, is about a kiddo from St. Someone's.  I've written about her before, and I love this kid.  I should probably give her a nickname instead of always calling her "this kid." I'm going to go with Sunshine, since she fills me life with brightness, and she's got great, sunny blonde hair.  Anyway, her grandma (another amazing person) was one of the people at my birthday party on Saturday, and Sunshine sent me a present via Grandma:


Sunshine, with the help of Little Sister Sunshine, wrote me a book!  And a darn good book it is.  What's it about, you ask?  Well, all you have to do is read the summary she wrote on the back:
 
Yep.  She wrote a summary.  And a really cute book.  It had plot, a problem to be solved, resolution, and a whole lot of adorable animal characters who baked a lot and got really tired.


And that's not all.   She even made her own tissue paper to go in the gift bag.


See?  It says, "I am soft and cushiony."  I love that kid.  And her baby sister.  And their grandma.  It's a love fest, and all three of them helped to make my birthday that much more special.  In honor of the bear and chipmunk characters in the book, here are some bear and chipmunk shoes:



Baby bear shoes!  Love them.  Would love to make a pair of the crocheted ones.



This last pair is almost over the top cute.  Dang.  I love the water shoes with the tiny chipmunk, though.  Very sweet.

The book was definitely one of my favorite presents and made me super happy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...