Thursday, April 23, 2015

Doodlebug

22 years ago today a very special baby boy came into the world and changed my life.  Which makes it sound really dramatic, like I gave birth at 18.  Not so much.  The baby who was born was actually the son and baby brother of a family in my home church.  I was about to graduate from high school and wasn't sure I was ready to go right to college.  The woman who had been watching the baby's big sister decided not to watch both of them and the family asked if I wanted a job after graduation.  I said yes, meant to take a year, but then spent 2 1/2 years loving on those babies before finally forcing myself off to school.  How could I resist these faces?


I miss those babies.  They both grew up into incredible adults of whom I'm super proud, but I do miss these little squishies.  I've spoken about these guys before (KGHK and KAH) and went with initials for their nicknames because I wasn't sure either would appreciate me using their baby nicknames (although I don't think either of them read this, so it would be OK).  For tonight's birthday post, though, KAH gets to go back to being Doodlebug.  Because Doodlebug shoes actually exist:

See?  Love the little red ones although for big sister rather than baby brother.  Doodlebug could totally have pulled off the brown boots with his overalls.

These are also cute, but again, not for Doodlebug.  The rest of the shoes are baby boy shoes, not Doodlebug shoes.  Because I couldn't find any more.  And because I wanted baby shoes.


How cute are these?  PB would be quite dapper in these.


Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Someone please tell the hubby to knock me up with a baby boy so the PB could have these.  Loooooooove.

It's a caterpillar, but I'm calling it a Doodlebug.  Deal with it.


Love these, too.  So cute.  This post is making my ovaries yell at me about baby boys.


More dapper shoes!  I've always loved babies in overalls, apparently I also love baby boys in dapper, handsome little shoes and hats.

I can't believe it's been 22 years since I graduated from high school and Doodlebug made his appearance in the world.  Happy Birthday to the baby boy I remember, and the handsome, amazing man he has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...