Monday, April 29, 2013

My Awesome Sister

As the title of the entry tells you, my sister is awesome.  She is awesome for many, many reasons, but today she is awesome for this:
 

These are her square dancing shoes; she and my brother-in-law have been taking lessons.  I find this very cool.  I've never really thought about square dancing, but the hubby keeps trying to get me to take something like salsa or tango lessons with him and I keep shying away because I am such a klutz and in no way graceful.  My sister is way braver than I am!  Go sister!  I haven't gotten to see them dance, yet, but can't wait until I do.  You know what's coming next, right?  Of course I had to go look up other options for shoes in this category...
 
 
I like the red a lot, but realize they wouldn't go with as much.  As I was searching I kept finding lots of other kinds of dance shoes, not so many square dance shoes.  Which then made me wonder, what makes a shoe specifically a square dance shoe?  I did a bit of looking, but didn't come up with much.  Apparently this isn't a question a lot of people are asking on the internet.  Wikipedia couldn't even tell me, so what does that say?  Anyone out there know the answer?  Sister?



2 comments:

  1. I don't think these are "square" dance shoes just dance shoes but they are super cute. According to Laughter they "fit" her perfectly! ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who runs a square dance center in Lolo - I just wrote and asked her what makes a shoe a square dance shoe. I'll let you know what she says! JO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...