Thursday, April 25, 2013

30s

I didn't have any "brilliant" ideas today for a post (not that I actually believe any of my ideas are brilliant, but some come easier than others), so I'm headed back to my shoes-by-the-decades concept.  Today we are off to the 1930s.  Again, I'm not sure if these are actually vintage, actually from the 30s, or what, but here's what I liked:
 



 
So fun!  I would wear any of them, except maybe the last pair.  I like those, thought they were visually interesting, but not sure I'd actually wear them.  I suppose it would depend on the outfit.  Although, my usual joy about picturing the imaginary outfits I would wear with these shoes is dampened somewhat by remembering that the 30s were the time of the Depression, so shoes and outfits weren't exactly the top of everyone's list of priorities.  But, since I am picturing imaginary outfits paired with shoes from my imaginary shoe closet, does that mean I can ignore the history major part of myself and just imagine away the Depression?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...