Sunday, December 30, 2012

Why Shoes?

I tried blogging once. It was...fine. I think I put too much pressure on myself to write amazing, deep, and insightful entries. Pretty sure none of them were. I want to try and write more in 2013. I write for work, I write e-mails and texts, I write lists, but I don't write much that is just for me. I have gone through phases of journaling, but I only seem capable of writing the most depressing stuff in my life when I write in a journal. Who wants to read that? So...here is a blog about shoes. And other stuff. But we're starting with shoes because I like shoes. You might say I have a shoe fetish. You might also say that my congregation (I'm a Lutheran pastor) has a fetish with my fetish. This morning I noticed that the first thing one person did upon seeing me was to look at my feet. Another commented that they were impressed I matched the paraments, and they couldn't wait to see my purple shoes (I don't have purple shoes for the season of Lent...shopping trip?). Some people pay more attention to my feed during communion than they do to the Sacrament. The hubby doesn't get the obsession, and would be perfectly happy if I wore some variation of black pumps with every dressy outfit. Silly hubby! So I will write about my shoes and see where it takes me. Maybe nowhere.
Gold, sparkly shoes to match the gold and white chasuble.

At any rate, it gives me a place to be silly about my shoes.  Maybe be creative.  Maybe...yeah, maybe I'll try to keep my expectations low and just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...